26 March, 2010

Freud

"My idea of travel is downward travel really, getting to know where you are better, and exploring feelings that you know more deeply. I always think that this--knowing something by heart gives you a depth of possibility which has more potential than seeing new sights, however marvelous and exciting they may be."

Lucien Freud
British Painter, grandson of Sigmund Freud

I have been lucky enough to live the life of a renaissance man here in Paris. The verbs exercised in my everyday life are wake up, walk, think and write. One day, I'll elaborate upon the issues that have been surfacing in my head, but it would be premature to do so now, so I'll give them time to marinade. It was only through the process of listening that I came to these ideas, so if I had to give you a hint as to what this is about... one day, there will be a design course that I may teach entitled "Sense and Nonsense: Redesigning the Brain."

ABIVA © 2010.

Back to the café to think some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment