16 March, 2010

Performative Dynamics


When it comes to creative work like this, sometimes its better just to do and analyze later. Work fast so that the mind does not yet have time to clutter up the idea with pedagogy, tradition. Stay sober on emotions and feeling, what most think of as intuition.

This living idea will be premiered for the first time publicly at Walt Disney Imagineering on Wednesday. I, of course, like many of you, will not be there to hear it. It marked a time and a place in my life that creatively knew no boundaries, and I feel that it now has a life of its own. Even though I've never trained classically as a composer, I feel that in the end, that has made all the difference. There are no rules, no need to follow formulas, nothing to clutter up the emotion...just music.

Like most things in my musical career... there is generally always one person who misses the performance. I never realized I would be one of them.

Good Luck.

1 comment:

  1. do you ever just watch this?

    i used to. and lately, ive been watching it over and over and over again...

    http://www.vicfirth.com/features/DCI2006/video/06IE-PC_ENSHQ.html

    ReplyDelete