22 March, 2010

Seat of the Muses

Elephant Graveyard / Cabinet of Wonders

I've always believed that if you want unconventional answers, you need to look in unconventional places. The places that I find most inspiring, are usually never architectural masterpieces. The inspiration is often too personal that to most, it will never make any sense. When I find spaces like this, healthy obsessions as they say, I always force myself to understand what I'm seeing as future design strategies, never just as beautiful objects. Some people will look at these pictures and will just see a room full of bones. I can see the next five/ten years or so of one's design career. So, it's no wonder they call it a museum.

I stayed here for a good four hours, just observing... creating a mental roladex of ideas and inspirations of designs yet to come.

This blog makes me feel like I'm giving away all of my secrets, but if it helps you to understand or be inspired in any way possible, then I'll keep on posting.


Whale Fin / Future Inspired furniture

Elephant Spine / Stacking Chairs in a park setting (Jardin du Luxembourg), Instant Art

Elk Skeleton / Tensile Fabric Roof Structure

The Exodus / I can't give everything away now can I?

Bull Head / Fish and Shoe graphic
If you get this... you're too good, and you need to be teaching art classes

Primate skeleton / Stylistic approach to Cathedral ceilings

Skeletal Exhibitions of primates / Refurbished interiors of the Pebble Beach Club

Gills of a Whale / Louvered structure at night

Reflected Geometries / Cinematic Approach and Focus


I suppose I'm still a kid inside. I like to think that all of this stuff is like the old 1980's art Magic Eye. You just need to look harder.

"Focus... focus... ahh there it is... wait, I think I did it wrong, is it a dolphin?!"

2 comments: